Carmet Pty. Ltd. is an Australian family owned business that was founded in 1979 by John Booth (1948-1998), a qualified Fitter and Turner. He commenced operations from his house in Arana Hills, Brisbane before expanding the company to a larger factory in the industrial section of Acacia Ridge.
- Employed full-time office staff and Sales Representatives
- Imported Mircona toolholders, milling cutters and inserts from Sweden
- Imported Bassett carbide burrs from USA
- Purchased Australian made brazed tools
- Formed business relationships with engineering supply companies in other states to distribute some of Carmet's range of products
- Carmet needed room for expansion so premises were purchased in Acacia Ridge's southside industrial area, and the business was relocated
- An industrial unit was acquired in Townsville to supply the northern half of Queensland and the Northern Territory
- Lathes, grinders, milling machines etc. were purchased to manufacture Carmet's own range of brazed tools
- A relationship was formed with USA company Teledyne Firth Sterling (later to be known as "ATI Stellram") for the supply of high quality carbide inserts, blanks, strip and rod
- Industrial land was purchased in Wetherill Park, Sydney's western industrial area, for future expansion
- John Booth (Founder) passed away
- Carmet became the Australian agent for Hassay-Savage Co USA, to distribute high quality broaches and sets
- A CNC vertical machinining centre was purchased enabling Carmet to manufacture a complete range of ISO external turning tools, as well as specials, under our Trademark "ATUCA"
- Carmet Pty. Ltd. acquires Sydney-based manufacturer All-Cut Tools Pty Ltd
- Haas SL3D CNC Lathe and a Haas TRT-160 five axis attachment for CNC machining centre purchased to facilitate manufacture of special boring bars, milling cutters etc.
- Haas VF3 five axis machining centre purchased to increase manufacture capabilities for Carmet's expanding range of special cutters and tool holders
- A CNC wirecut machine installed facilitating the manufacture of complex shaped form tools etc.
- Carmet becomes ATI Stellram authorised distributor enabling us to offer Stellram's complete range at competitive pricing and with minimum delivery times
CARMET is committed to providing their clients with the best possible quality products and service. This objective is achieved by ensuring that imported products are of the highest integrity and in line with the latest technology. Our Australian manufactured products are also of the same high standard, competitively priced and available for immediate despatch. We maintain these objectives whilst observing our legal and moral obligations to our environment and to conserving energy. Our employees at Carmet Pty. Ltd. are committed to customer satisfaction with uncompromising ethical standards.